Thursday, February 4, 2010
Love Quiz: Are You A Master of Emotional Disguise?
The following quiz will help you understnd the ways in which you may be hiding the truth about your feelings from yourself and others-suppressing your emotions.
Add up your score as you give yourself points for how frequently these statements apply to you.
Often ...3 points
Sometimes ...2 points
Rarely or Never ...1 point
1)When I am angry about something, I find myself smiling as I desribe it or laughing and making light of it.
2) If I am upset with someone, I avoid rather than confront the person.
3) When a person hurts my feelings, I respond by being sarcastic.
4) I have a difficult time telling people how I feel about them.
5) If people ask me if I am upset with them, I dont let them know how angry or hurt I am, and tell them not to worry about it.
6) When I know i've made a mistake, I have a hard time saying I am sorry, and might instead point out how the other person made mistakes.
7) When I feel upset I: (score each seperately)
a) Smoke more
b) Drink more
C) Eat more
d) Take more drugs
e) Sleep more
8) When I am intimidated by someone I act cold and distant.
9) If I have been treated unfairly, I retreat into my emotions and cry rather than confront the person with my anger.
10) It takes a lot of effort for someone to get me to express strongly how I feel if my feeling isn't a positive one.
Now add up your points.
14-20 points: Congratulations! You are doing well at telling the truth about your feelings.
You may want to do some work on the question on which you scored at 2.
21-30 points: It's time to do some work on communicating you emotions.
Too often, you're hiding how you feel from yourself and others. Commit yourself to being more honest.
31-42 points: You are a master of emotional disguise.
most of your energy is spent hiding your feelings, protecting yourself and fooling others. Inside you are very frightened and need a lot of love and acceptance. Until you learn to share the truth of your feelings with yourself and with others, it will be difficult for you to have harmonious, fulfilling relationships-your partner will have a hard time knowing what you are feeling. You need to express those feelings buried deep inside. You can do it! I wish you the best!